Emerald Mine Club levelset completion progress

Discussion about Rocks'n'Diamonds, Boulder Dash, Supaplex, Emerald Mine and any other BD hybrid.

Moderators: Flumminator, Zomis

Steffest

Re: Emerald Mine Club levelset completion progress

Post by Steffest » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:05 pm

Hi Rap,
It only took me 20 months to notice you mentioned my name :-)

I've been in contact with Sandancer of EMC GB , his real name is Bryan Waters, I could pass you his email address if you want.
I thought it maybe would be nice to do a little article on the most active EM Clubs, this year marking the 30th anniversary of the game and all.

Recently there's been another update on emeraldmines.net - there are now 590 disks online that qualify as classic "Emerald Mine Disk" (and about 100 other types)
Including some that are not yet in the Rocks'nDiamonds EMC levelset (like Head Mine, or Pawn Mine to name a few)

Speaking of Missing Mines:
Holger, I noticed you have 3 levelsets in your EMC collection from disks that I don't have:
  • kings update 1,2 and 3
Holger, Do you happen to have the original .adf files for these?
The intro text and screens are part of their charm and - believe it or not - I still have an original amiga I occasionally play on :-)

Apart from those I think the only ones that are still missing are
  • Amiga Mine 6 - 11
  • Bobby Dash 2
  • Crazy Mine 2
  • Eagle Mine 18
  • Revenge of the Yams 3-6
  • Sky Mine 9
  • Through The Chaos Caves 19-21
Cheers!
Steffest

Holger
Site Admin

Re: Emerald Mine Club levelset completion progress

Post by Holger » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:25 am

Hi Steffest,

great to hear from you again! :-)
... this year marking the 30th anniversary of the game and all.
Now that you wrote about it... indeed! :-o :-)
Recently there's been another update on emeraldmines.net - there are now 590 disks online that qualify as classic "Emerald Mine Disk" (and about 100 other types)
Wow, that's quite impressive!
Including some that are not yet in the Rocks'nDiamonds EMC levelset (like Head Mine, or Pawn Mine to name a few)
You're absolutely right -- there really should be a *big* update on that level collection for R'n'D, mainly due to the substantial updates on your web site, with lots of new EMC disks not yet contained in the EMC level collection for R'n'D.
Speaking of Missing Mines:
Holger, I noticed you have 3 levelsets in your EMC collection from disks that I don't have:
  • kings update 1,2 and 3
Holger, Do you happen to have the original .adf files for these?
Unfortunately, I only have the plain level files for these three sets from the "Emerald Mines CD-ROM", but not the corresponding ADF files. :-(
Apart from those I think the only ones that are still missing are
  • Amiga Mine 6 - 11
  • Bobby Dash 2
  • Crazy Mine 2
  • Eagle Mine 18
  • Revenge of the Yams 3-6
  • Sky Mine 9
  • Through The Chaos Caves 19-21
I've checked my EMC archive again, but unfortunately, these are all missing in it, too.